Sunday, February 26, 2006

Back from Tahoe

Wow, I haven't posted in 3 weeks. Unemployment is hard work! Jokes apart, the last few weeks flew by in a flurry of last minute transition lists, replacement training, sign offs and so on and so forth. And now I have joined the glamorous ranks of the jobless. Since I am no longer slave to the 7 am alarm call and J had some vacation time (we patched things up if anyone is keeping track. He is suitably contrite for having brought up his ex, now acknowledges that I am the most singular woman on the planet not to be compared to any other living mortal and made, not one, but two, arrangements for Valentine's Day as proof. I am thinking of marrying him! But don't tell him - he doesn't know yet) .. anyway, since J and I both had some free time we extended our Tahoe weekend to Tahoe week and had a fabulous time. Tomorrow I start planning my future.

To do:

1. Quick portfolio assessment -- I may need to rebalance
2. Start brainstorming career options (I would love to become a personal shopper but I am not limiting myself)
3. Think about living arrangements -- J asked me to move in with him while Tahoeing ... financially this might be a good solution for both of us but I don't want that to be the reason why so I need to think about this.

It's good to be back and not to be at the beck and call of corporate America for a change.

3 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 11:46 PM, Anonymous Tim said...

Hello fellow Northwesterner! This is my first visit to your blog, probably not the last. Personal shopper? That's interesting. Good luck to ya!

 
At 3/12/2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes

 
At 3/19/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger beefdrop said...

You're calling my logic idiotic? Who invited you to 'cross that line'? Everyone has different lines. You calling me idiotic may be enough to cause you some very serious consequences, if I chose to pursue them. Think about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home