Wednesday, January 18, 2006

AWOL Funds

The funds are still conspicuously missing from my Roth account. After 4 phone calls and 4 assurances that the transaction is there, it just hasn't "settled" yet, I am beginning to bristle. I came this close to yelling, "Just give me my fucking money!" to the Fidelity rep on the phone. Thankfully, years of breeding kicked in just in time and I bit down on my tongue before the words could irrevocably escape into the world. Like Harry said to Sally, "You can't take it back. Once you say it, it's out there." But I figured out what I am going to do:

40% DODFX
40% FCNTX
20% SBUX

This is probably irrational but I just don't like index funds. I regard them with narrowed eyes. What, computers do all this you say? Yeah, right.

1 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 6:10 PM, Blogger GEOMATRYX said...

You sure have one of my favorites -Fidelity Contra Fund. Off course I am an Index fund fan, but FCNTX was my best performer last couple of years. I am curious to know about rest of your investment holdings types, diversification strategies etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home